We all have faced anxiety when our android phones becoming silent! There is a list of missed calls on the screen, and we have not heard anything, AT ALL!! How many people have we heard saying, “my android phone doesn’t ring when someone calls me!”. It is one of the most common problems among
android smartphone users. They search for solutions on Google in all the ways possible!
“why is my phone not ringing?”
“phone not ringing incoming calls android!”
“why is my phone not ringing when someone calls me?”
The cause, as well as the solution, is, most of the time, simple. It is just that we are too anxious to solve it. In some cases, the problem might be serious, and you need some advanced steps to recover from the issue. Do not worry! Here we are with almost all the possible causes and solutions for “my android phone won’t ring” anxiety.
Your Android does not ring during incoming calls due to 2 types of problems.
● User related problems
● Software or Hardware problems
Table of Contents
User related problems- My android phone doesn’t ring when
someone calls me!
These problems arise due to the phone’s own settings altered by the user. These are no serious issues; you only need to play a little with your phone settings. Properly troubleshoot when the phone does not ring according to the following options.
Check whether your phone is on “Silent Mode.” – My android phone doesn’t ring when someone calls me!
In numerous cases, this is the main reason why your android phone doesn’t ring!
You might have accidentally put your phone on silent without even realizing it. If your other media, like videos or music, are playing without any issue, most likely this is the issue.
To fix this issue, follow one of the following options : –
- Unlock the phone screen — Press the “Volume Up” button on the side of your Android phone to increase the ringing volume.
- Slide your finger downwards from the top of the screen to pull down the menu — switch off the silent mode by touching the silent mode icon.
- Press the Android phone “Power” button and hold it until a menu appears on the screen — Tap the “Silent Mode” icon to disable the silent mode
- Go to volume settings — increase “Ring Volume.”
Note: – Your phone may not be on Silent Mode, but on “Vibrate Mode.” Then also, the phone not ringing Android, but it vibrates. Follow any of the above options to turn off the vibration mode as well. In this case, tap the vibration icon instead of the silent icon to enable income call sounds.
Check whether your phone is on “Airplane Mode.”
This is the second most common issue if you wonder, “my phone doesn’t ring when someone calls me?”. Your phone accidentally being set in Airplane Mode, and it is normal not to realize it for a short time. If you are also having trouble making calls, accessing the internet, or text messaging, this is likely the issue. One easy way is to check for a small “airplane” icon on the top of your phone screen. Signals or WIFI also will not be available when your phone is on Airplane mode.
To fix this issue, follow one of the following options: –
- Open the Settings app — scroll down to “Network and Internet.” — Go to “Airplane Mode” –switch it off.
- Slide your finger downwards from the top of the screen to pull down the menu — switch off the Airplane mode by touching the airplane icon to enable income call.
SEE ALSO: Why does my phone hang up by itself?
Check whether your phone is on “Do Not Disturb mode.”
Do Not Disturb is a phone feature you turn on when you do not want it to ring. This is set on a schedule, and you can toggle it on and leave until you want to off it manually. When Do Not Disturb is on, other audio will work, and you will receive incoming calls and texts. The only thing is you will not get alerted when they come in. It is easy to solve this issue.
- Open your phone’s Settings app – Go to “Network & Internet.” – Tap on “Sounds”- Select “Do Not Disturb”- Switched off the setting.
- Then, disable the “Turn On Automatically” setting to avoid the setting coming on and off automatically on a timer.
Check whether “Call Forwarding” is turned on.
Some older Android models have called forwarding settings somewhere in their actual settings app because users have turned on call forwarding on a third-party app, like Google Voice or Skype.
- Open the Phone app — Click the three-dotted vertical line to access the app’s Settings menu — Tap on “Calls.” — Select “Call forwarding.”– Mark all the listed options as “Off.”
Check whether it is a ringtone issue.
Do you use a third-party/purchased ringtone to your phone? That is because if that is not working, there can be a software glitch resulting in the sound failing during an incoming call. Better to switch to one of the default ringtones available on your phone.
- Open the Settings app. — Select “Sound.” — Tap Phone ringtone. — Browse default tones and choose one to preview — Press “OK.”
Read Also: fingerprint scanner not working
Restart Your Phone
If all the above steps fail, try the universal fix “restarting” on your phone. Restarting the phone may fix small glitches and small bugs.
- Press and hold the Power button — Select “Restart” in the menu.
My android phone doesn’t ring when someone calls me! – Software / Hardware related problems
Your Android may not ring due to several software or hardware issues. Try following options before reaching out to the manufacturer.
Update” your Android
Several issues arise if your phone is not updated properly! Make sure the operating system is up-to-date to its final version available.
- Connect your device to Wi-Fi — Open Settings — Select About Phone — Tap “Check for Updates.” If any update available, the Update button will appear –Tap it. — Install. (Depending on the OS, you will see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. Tap it.)
Also, update important system apps.
- Go to Play Store Home screen — Tap the Menu icon — Tap “My apps & games” — Tap individual apps to update it or tap “Update All” to download all available updates.
- If asked, review App Permissions — Tap Accept to proceed with an app update.
Read Also: The number you have dialed is unallocated?
Perform a “Factory Reset.”
Try all the previous troubleshooting options, and still your phone is not ringing, the issue may be bigger than a glitch. Worst case scenario is a malware attack on your system. You might need a factory reset to recover your Android.
- First, Perform a system backup to back up your data — Do a factory reset.
Check for “Hardware problem.”
If any of the above solutions could not solve your issue, then it is time to contact your manufacturer. There is probably a hardware problem, especially with the phone speakers.